Town of Onondaga Parks and Recreation
Skip to nav
Summer Day Camps
This program is currently unavailable. Click here to view all of our current programs.
Our Summer Day Camps are six week programs, running from 9:30 - 3:00 PM, at Santaro Park and Wheeler Elementary School. Children will participate in a variety of activities and special events. When registering, please make sure that all information you have provided on your account and during registration is correct. Provide two emergency contacts in addition to your own contact information as well as all pertinent medical information about your child (allergies, injuries, medication etc.).
Participant T-Shirts will be handed out on-site.
See information below regarding registering participants 5 years old.
Field trip fees are not included in registration.
PLEASE CAREFULLY READ THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION.
We have made the transition to a sanctioned Day Camp, so parents now need to provide a completed medical history and copy of your child's immunization records from your health care provider or doctor. The forms and information can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or printed and mailed/dropped off to our office at: 4834 Velasko Rd. Syracuse, NY 13215
Staff are not authorized to apply sunscreen, insect repellent, or administer medication**. If you would like your child to wear sunscreen or insect repellent, please answer "yes" when asked that question when registering. Your child should keep it in their personal bag and apply as needed. Otherwise, sunscreen and bug spray should be applied before arriving at camp.
**INHALERS AND EPI-PENS**
If your child has a prescription for an Epi-Pen and/or inhaler, we require documentation from their doctor as well as written parent consent. If your child has either an Epi-Pen or inhaler prescribed to them, they are required to have it on site. Certified staff may "assist" in the use of emergency medication such as epinephrine pens or inhalers, but are not allowed to administer prescribed or over the counter medication for any other reason. If your child needs to take medication daily/weekly/with lunch/etc.., they should be able to administer it by themselves.
Registration is NOT COMPLETE until all questions have been answered, payment is received in full, and the office has received a copy of your child's health history (most recent physical)and immunization information that has been signed by your doctor. If your child does not have up-to-date vaccinations, parents or guardians are required to provide a written, signed statement as to why their child has not received their regular vaccinations. This letter needs to be submitted to complete your child's registration.
- Playgrounds run from 9:30 AM - 3:00 PM
- $150/participant for Town of Onondaga Residents
- $250/participant for All others
- Add $10 to fee after 6/19/2023
- *No registrations after July 7th, 2023*
Registration for 5 year olds
- If you are registering your child who is 5 years old, you must show proof that they have attended kindergarten. You may mail, fax, email or bring in their report card as proof of attendance.
- Fax report cards to: (315) 469-2816
- Email report cards to: email@example.com
- Mail or bring report cards to our office at: Town of Onondaga Recreation Dept. 4834 Velasko Rd. Syracuse, NY, 13215
Resident family discount
- If registering more than 2 children in the same family/household, each child after the second registration will be reduced to $80/participant
- This discount does not apply to non-residents
- This discount cannot be applied to individuals outside an immediate family/household
- The Our Town mailed to residents has last year's fee of $60. We apologize for any confusion.